The 34th International System Safety Conference has come to an end. We had a wonderful time in Orlando connecting with the leading practitioners and thinkers in the system safety discipline to exchange ideas, knowledge, experiences and best practices. Please view our conference program, general presentations, and photos below.
- Conference Program
- Conference Photos
- Technical Program
- Papers not included in the Proceedings
- Developing a NASA System Safety Expert
Harmony Myers and John Marinaro, NASA Safety Center, Brook Park, Ohio, USA, for the Panel "Developing a System Safety Expert – Perceptions
from industry, academia and government"
- General Session Presentations
- Kathy Fox (Aug 8) (pdf)
- General Membership Meeting (Aug 8) (pdf)
- Paul W. Hanley (Aug 9) (pdf) (Speaker Notes)
- Malcolm Jones (Aug 10) (pdf)
- ISSC 2017 Presentation (Aug 11) (pdf)
- International System Safety Society Awards
- System Safety Pathfinders - George Peters, Clif Ericson
- Engineer of the Year - Marge Jones
- Professional Development Award - Mary Ellen Caro
- President’s Award - Charlie Hoes
- Chapter of the Year - Tennessee Valley
- Small Chapter of the Year - Singapore
- New ISSS Fellows - Saralyn Dwyer, Gary Braman
- New ISSS Senior Members - Cliff Parizo, Mike McKelvey
- Best Paper
- Forensic Attacks Analysis and the Cyber Security of Safety-Critical Industrial Control Systems - Chris. W. Johnson DPhil, School of Computing Science, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK. Rob Harkness, EDF, GSO Business Park, East Kilbride, UK. Maria Evangelopoulou, School of Computing Science, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK.
- Best Tutorial - Selection Announcement
- New Engineer Focus - System Safety Process Applied to High Voltage Automotive Propulsion System - Instructors: Mark Vernacchia and Galen Ressler
- Future International System Safety Conferences (Link)
- Isograph, Inc.
- University of Maryland